We recognize this time can cause uncertainly, anxiety, and fear. We are committed to the safety and ongoing care of our clients and will continue to monitor the situation closely.
Counseling Services - Video and In-Person Services Available
MTSCC is temporariliy offering telementalhealth services that are aligned with the laws and regulations pertaining to telemental health practice in the State of Illinois. For current residents of Illinois, you may contact your mental health provider directly to discuss this service.
In addition to providing video services, we are offering in-person services. We are taking the below precautions to prioritize the safety and health of our clients and staff:
1) Office will be sanitized and thoroughly cleaned each morning prior to opening
2) Hand sanitizer will be readily available
3) Furniture has been temporarily swapped out for seating that can and will be wiped down between sessions
4) Waiting room and offices have been arranged so that seating is 6 feet apart
5) No more than 10 clients/counselors will be scheduled in the office at a time
6) Masks are available upon request
7) Virtual sessions will still be available for anyone that requests them
8) We ask any clients exhibiting symptoms of illness please not come into the office but schedule sessions virtually until they have been symptom free for at least 14 days
Out of State
For those having to transition out of Illinois during this time, we recommend you seek care in your local community. Here are several resources available to help you connect with a counselor in your area:
Be prepared as you work to connect with a counselor. Our current staff and counselors are here to assist you in this process; please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. As you seek support in your current community, consider the following:
What am I looking for/what do I need in a therapist?
What do I want help with? (e.g. anxiety, depression, sleep, mood, adjustment to new life circumstances, relationship issues, trauma, family relationships, etc)
Do I want a counselor with a specific skill set? (e.g. experience with trauma, cognitive behavioral training, experience in relational counseling, etc.)
Am I able to and/or do I want to use my insurance?
Am I look for a counselor with a specific faith background?
Once you have a sense of what you are seeking, the Psychology Today Therapist Finder is an excellent tool to help you find a mental health provider in your area:
Go to the Psychology Today webpage:
Click on "Find a Therapist" or scroll down to the "Find a Therapist" search bar
Enter your zip code (or neighborhood if you are in larger place)
You can use the filter to choose your insurance (if you are using insurance)
You can use the filter to choose counselors that are trained in working with specific issues
You can use the filter to choose counselors who are trained in working with a specific faith
You can use the filter to choose counselor who are trained in providing different types of therapy
Again, we are here to support you as best we can in this process. If there is anyway we can assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out.